Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Bird Man Collagraph

Yesterday I printed a collagraph plate I had been working on at the weekend. It didn't come out too well - not enough contrast - no matter how I inked it up. Rather than just abandon the plate I decided to work on it a bit, then cut away the background and reseal it.

I printed it again, thinking perhaps I could use a different background eventually.
Marginally better, but not much. (and they look better on here than they do in the flesh)

Then I worked into some of the other prints with various media - just to experiment really. This one has been worked on with a white water soluble crayon.

This one has been worked on with black soft pastel and the print cut out and photographed on black paper.....

.....and white paper.

(Click on images to enlarge)

Oh well, onwards and upwards....At least I have learned quite a lot from my experiments. But still feel deflated. But now I want to start on a new plate of the bird man. I'll let you know how it turns out.